Perfect Paddles Recommended Course
Rob Casey is a highly experienced SUP instructor guide started PSUPA instructor certifications, Kayak and SUP guides, and is an award winning Getty Images photographer. We are super stoked to offer his online courses! Rob is generously offering our members a Buddy Deals discount as well.
Take your skills to the next level so you can paddle further easier, and handle big water
Learn how to walk your board, spin 360's with a super stable pivot/buoy turn, paddle faster easier injury free, paddle in big water comfortably, launch in shore break, learn to read water and much more!
You'll also learn the basics of downwinding, surfing, river sup and touring basics. Plus how to paddle in cold water and SUP rescues.
You Won't Find All this on YouTube!
Instead of endless searching on YouTube, here you'll find everything you need to know to progress your skills to an advanced paddler in one place.
Improve your Racing Skills
Learn how to paddle faster easier with less injuries. Get there quicker by learning how to vary your paddling cadence to how to read water for smarter route planning.
Learn How to Do Trips
Find out which boards are best for touring and how to outfit and pack your board plus route planning tips.
Rough Water Skills
Learn how to paddle to more places and have more fun with my tried and true skills for rough water, high wind, swift current and surf.
Core Skills - Foundation Skills Review
- A Few Words Before you Start...
- Pre-Paddle and Post Paddle Stretches & Warm-Ups
- How to Safely Fall & Get Back on in any Conditions
- Using a Waist Leash
Core Skills - Refining your Forward Stroke
- The Forward Stroke and How to Paddle Straight.
Core Skills - Directional Control
- Directional Control - How to go Sideways, Backwards and Stop
- Directional Control using Sweep Turns. Use Less Effort to Turn
- The Cross Bow Turn - My favorite turn!
- Cross Bow RUDDER
- The Slicing Feather - Really cool stroke!
Paddling in Wind & Waves
- Prone, Sitting and Kneeling for Up Wind Paddling
- Paddling Over Boat Wakes and Small Waves
- Padding Up Wind
- Paddling in Reverb or 'Clapotis'
- Coast Surfing Intro
Core Skills - Balance Skills / Footwork / Buoy - Pivot Turn
- Footwork - Get More Control for surf and downwind by Learning to Walk on your Board
- Get More Stability with Braces & Learn to do 360's with the Buoy (Pivot) Turn
SUP Rescues and Water Safety
- SUP Rescue techniques. Save a life or help a friend.
- On-Water Communication & VHF How To's
- Marine Navigation 1 with Skyler Palmer
- Packing a SUP for an Overnight Trip
Cold Water & Winter Paddling
- Introduction - Cold Water & Off Season Paddling Benefits
- Paddling Clothing for Fall 40F to 65F Air/Water
- Paddling Clothing for 0F to 40F Air/Water Temps
My Favorite Paddling Resources & Downloads
- Marine Weather Apps / Tides & Current Tables / Boat Trackers..
- Course Downloads - Equipment and Day Trip Check-Lists...
Your Coach - Rob Casey..
Originally a surf, sea and whitewater kayaker, Rob is the author of "Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers" and "Kayaking Puget Sound and the San Juans."
Founder of the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association, Rob teaches sup, kayak and surf ski for his business, Salmon Bay Paddle in Seattle, WA.
Photo: Rob surfing a freighter wave in Seattle, WA.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.