Perfect Paddles Recommended Course
Upgrade your membership to save $10% on on this course
Rob Casey is a highly experienced SUP instructor guide started PSUPA instructor certifications, Kayak and SUP guides, and is an award winning Getty Images photographer. We are super stoked to offer his online courses! Rob is generously offering our members a Buddy Deals discount as well.
Stand Up Paddling is an exciting and rapidly expanding sport and past-time.
Making smart decisions on when and where to launch, knowing how to get back on your board, dressing for the conditions and water temperature and knowing how to rescue another paddler or swimmer are essential skills covered in this course.
What you’ll Learn in this comprehensive SUP Rescues & Water Safety Course:
- Rescue techniques such as the flip rescue and towing
- How to choose where to launch (or land) and when to go (or not go).
- Which life jackets to choose and how to wear them. Covers C02 PFDs.
- Which clothing to wear for various conditions and temperatures or level of activity
- How to safely fall in (We all fall!) and tips for getting back on the board. Plus alternative options if you struggle with getting back on.
- Alternative options for not standing. How to paddle sitting, kneeling or prone (on belly).
Plus 6 Essential Downloads:
- Check list for a 1 hr paddle or day trip
- How to prep your car for paddling
- Clothing list for all seasons
- Contents for First Aid and Repair Kits
- How to repair hard and inflatable boards
And My Essential Paddler’s Resources, Updated Regularly for the Most Up-to-Date Resources, Including:
- US and Canadian marine weather forecast links
- Surf and coastal forecast tools
- Marine navigation resources
- Additional training resources
- Where to launch
- Float Plan apps
- Marine Traffic apps
Make your first Stand Up Paddle experience a good one! And get the foundational skills to then take your Stand Up Paddling to new exciting levels.
Your Instructor - Rob Casey
Non-athletic, dyslexic and lacking good instruction, like many, I struggled to stand up for the first time on a paddle board while vacation in Hawaii. Not willing to give up, I continued to work on it at home in Seattle. Applying skills learned from a decade in sea, whitewater and surf kayaking, I discovered effective methods for teaching SUP.
I'm the author of guidebooks "Stand Up Paddling Flat Water to Surf and Rivers" and "Kayaking Puget Sound and the San Juans." I also the co-founder of the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association (PSUPA) which provides worldwide SUP instructor training and certification.
I've also contributed articles and photos to Stand Up Journal, SUP Magazine, the Inertia and others.
I own Seattle based Salmon Bay Paddle which offers individual and small group SUP instruction in Seattle and the surrounding region. I also teach kayaking and surf skiing.
SUP has changed my life and I love to share my passion with others helping them save time by avoiding my mistakes along the way!
-- Rob Casey
- Life Jackets (PFDs)
- Types of Life jackets (PFDs)
- Co2 Inflatable Lifejackets - How to Use (4:03)
- SUP Leashes
- Intro to SUP Leashes (7:54)
- How and Where to Launch and Land Safely
- How to Launch and Land from a Dock (3:13)
- How to Choose Put-ins and how to Launch & Land your Board from a Beach (8:05)
- Other Options than Standing and for Rescues and Rough Water/Wind
- Prone, Sitting and Kneeling (7:12)
- How to Fall Safely and Get Back on your Board
- Falling & Remounting Board (4:28)
- Rescue Techniques
- Self & Group Rescues and Towing - Save a Life! (12:56)
- What to Wear for Paddling
- Paddling Clothing for All Seasons
- Course Resources & Downloads
- Further Resources
- Course Downloads
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhen does the course start and finish?The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.How long do I have access to the course?How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.What if I am unhappy with the course?We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.