Shane Perrin, our founder and professional Stand-Up Paddleboarder
My passion is racing ultra distance races on a Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) to show it can be done but also for the personal challenge. I love being on the water and teaching stand up to anyone interested. Ultimately, I truly have found my passion through stand up where it brings me new connections through people I meet on each adventure.
First and foremost a family man, when Shane is not spending time with his loving wife and children, he approaches the sport with like passion and dedication.
- As the founder of SUP St. Louis, he is committed to sharing the joy of the sport with you.
- As a professional athlete, Shane is literally and figuratively making waves in the paddling community. He is the first racer to SUP in numerous events, some of which will soon be adding a SUP class as a result. The only athlete of his brand to compete in endurance races, highlights include:
- The MR340 - KC to StL, 340 miles across the state down the Missouri river
- La Ruta Maya Belize - A 179 mile race in the heat of the tropics
- The Texas Water Safari - The world's toughest canoe race, over 260 miles with grueling conditions
In most cases, fans and other athletes maintain their doubts upon seeing a SUP enter such a race. Yet time and again, #1115 proves that it can be done, showing the field the consummate professional he is.
SUP St. LouisSUP St. Louis is your river city's premier resource for stand up paddleboarding.
Professional SUP racer Shane Perrin and his staff want to bring mahalo to the Midwest and share with you the exciting world of stand up paddling.
SUP is growing rapidly in popularity. Suitable for almost anyone, paddleboarding also affords great exercise benefits such as weight loss, improved balance and flexibility, and increased strength and muscle tone, especially in the core group.
Missouri boasts many thousands of miles of lakes and rivers for the paddling community to enjoy. Stand up and paddle them with SUP St. Louis.
Thank you for visiting. We hope to see you soon.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
No listings were found matching your selection. Something missing? Why not add a listing?.