- SUP YO was founded by Registered Yoga Teacher, Jana Olenio. Born and raised in New Hampshire and currently residing on Boston’s North Shore, Jana began teaching classes in Beverly Harbor on Boston’s North Shore in the spring of 2012. Seven years later, and with a team of 6 SUPerstar instructors, SUP YO currently offers classes in 8 locations throughout the Boston area and the NH Seacoast from May to September.Here is Our Story:Jana had been teaching yoga for a few years when her brother brought home his first Paddleboard in 2011. During her first experience onboard she felt an instant connection to it. Shortly after her first paddle, her brother suggested she try yoga on it. And the rest is history…Jana began practicing on her own, and sometimes with yoga friends. She loved the challenge that being on the board offered while connecting with nature at the same time. To her, it was the perfect combination. Later that year while road-tripping through California Jana was stoked to discover that yoga teachers were leading SUP Yoga classes up and down the west coast. She took one class and knew instantly this was something she wanted to do and something she wanted to bring back to New England. Jana received her SUP Yoga certification from OnBoardSUP in Sausalito, CA and returned home to begin SUP YO in the spring of 2012.Jana began teaching classes out of PaddleBoard New England in Beverly Harbor on Boston’s North Shore. Classes were an instant hit! So the following season she purchased her own fleet of SUP’s and expanded into Boston’s South Shore as well as the NH Seacoast.Today, SUP YO has a team of 6 instructors, a fleet of 30 boards and offers classes on the water in 8 locations including: Rye NH, Seabrook NH, Amesbury MA, Beverly MA, Boston MA, Medford MA, Hingham MA and Chelmsford MA. In addition, SUP YO offers Yoga Hikes in the White Mountains, Full Moon Paddles, Sunset Paddles, SUP Yoga for Kids Programs, ‘Back to Earth’ Weekend Retreats in New England and Destination Retreats Worldwide.SUP YO’s mission is: “To inspire others to get outside and connect with nature through the practice of Yoga.”About Us:Yoga and Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) just happen to go together very well. Doing yoga on a paddleboard enhances the yoga workout. The paddleboard makes a fine yoga mat and the extra balance required by being on the water intensifies the yoga routine. The peacefulness and tranquility of floating on the water combines nicely with the meditative nature of yoga.Our Class Locations:
- Fort Point, Boston Harbor
- Hingham Harbor, MA
- Beverly Harbor, MA
- Mystic Lakes, Medford MA
- Heart Pond, Chelmsford MA
- Lake Gardner, Amesbury MA
- Seabrook Harbor, NH
- Rye Harbor, NH
- $40 per 75 minute class. Includes board, paddle, anchor and life vest
- $30 BYOB (Bring your own board and anchor)
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
No listings were found matching your selection. Something missing? Why not add a listing?.